Debs has learned a great deal in her personal life as a wife, mother and Nanna! That blended with gaining extensive theoretical experience during her academic studies and practical experience during her career in UK and NZ as a business owner and senior executive.
Setting up her own business Success Factor came about because it was felt it was time to devote her wealth of knowledge and experience in helping others in their aspirations to reach their goals and targets – investing in the people factor and success factor.
Debs has also learned a great deal during her varied experience in numerous voluntary roles, such as being a counsellor, listener, consultant, trainer and facilitator, and feels the combination of this experience has and is being put to great use working with her clients and businesses.
Debs loves working with people and supporting those who have a vision of where they would love to be but don’t know how to achieve it.
Becoming a professional consultant and coach is what she is totally committed and dedicated to and focusing on the mission of her business ‘to inspire you to reach your goals, targets and full potential by working together to make a difference’ is what her ambition is!
Credentials and Professional Affiliations
- Masters Degree in Management Studies (MBA)
- Local Government UK Counsellor – (in-house scheme for employees)
- UK Approved Victim Support Counsellor (rape and serious assault trained)
- UK Samaritan (listener)
- Diploma in Life Coaching – NZ Institute of Business Studies
- Certificate in Humanities and Social Studies
- iMA Accredited Practitioner, 2021 to date
- Change Management Leader, Local Government UK
- NZQA Assessor and NZQA Tutor / Facilitator – Aoraki Polytechnic, Timaru
- Accredited Business Mentor with Business Mentors, New Zealand – 2016 to date
- Success Factor offers services that are registered with the Regional Business Partners Network NZ Advisory Fund
- Member, Institute Coaching Federation 2016 – 2022
- Accredited Training Provider, Vertical Horizonz, Private Training Establishment (PTE) 2018 – 2020
- Member & Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM), Toastmasters International, 1992 – 2022
- Member, Kaiapoi Toastmasters Club 2015 to 2022
- Member, Rangiora Toastmasters Club 2008-2015
- President and Member, Everest Advanced Toastmasters Club 2014 to 2022
- Member, National Speakers Association NZ (NSANZ) 2016-2018
- Member, Business over Breakfast (BoB) 2016-2018
- Leader and Founder Member of The Business Club 2018 to date
- President (2019) and Member, BNI Rangiora since January 2018 to date
- Member and former Facilitator, Elite6 Rangiora 2016-2019
- Founder Member & Facilitator, The Business Club 2018 to date
- Member, Synergy Networking 2017 – 2020
- Founder Member & Guardian Group Leader, Connecting Women in Business 2018 to date
- Business Service Partner and Member, Enterprise North Canterbury, 2016 to date
- Member of Canterbury Chamber of Commerce 2016 to 2021
- Member and Proud Sponsor (2019 & 2020) of Rangiora Promotions Association 2017 to date
- Trustee & Editor, The Woodpecker Community Trust, 2018 to date
- Accredited Coach & Mentor for FENZ, 2018 to date
- Member of Rangiora Promotions Association 2017 to date
- Board Member since 2021; Secretary June 2023; Chair November 2023 of Rangiora Promotions Association Board 2021 to date
- Member of Kaiapoi Promotions Association 2021 to date