I heard this saying a while ago and it stuck with me, and from that came this week’s blog.
Are you making a living, living or are you making a living not living the way you want?
Making a living in the right and best way, both personally and professionally, requires a holistic approach that values integrity, fulfilment, and balance.
Here are some key principles to consider:
- Define success on your own terms: Take the time to define what success means to you personally and professionally. It should align with your values, passions, and overall life vision. Avoid adopting society’s narrow definitions of success and create your own authentic path
- Pursue meaningful work: Engage in work that aligns with your interests and values. Find a career or profession that allows you to utilise your strengths and passions. When your work is meaningful to you, it becomes a source of fulfilment and purpose
- Continuous learning and growth: Invest in your personal and professional development. Seek opportunities to learn and acquire new skills, whether through formal education, workshops, online courses, or mentorship. Embrace a growth mindset and commit to lifelong learning
- Foster healthy work-life balance: Strive to maintain a healthy balance between your personal and professional life. Set boundaries and prioritise self-care, quality time with loved ones, and leisure activities. Remember that true success encompasses all aspects of life, not just professional achievements
- Act with integrity and ethics: Conduct yourself with integrity and honesty in all your interactions. Build a reputation for trustworthiness, reliability, and ethical behaviour. Upholding high moral standards will not only benefit your personal relationships but also enhance your professional reputation
- Cultivate a supportive network: Surround yourself with positive, supportive individuals who inspire and encourage you. Seek out mentors who can offer guidance and advice. Collaborate with like-minded peers who share similar values and aspirations
- Embrace work-life integration: Instead of striving for a strict separation between work and personal life, aim for integration. Find ways to incorporate your personal passions and values into your professional pursuits, and vice versa. When your personal and professional lives are in harmony, it enhances overall well-being and satisfaction
- Practice self-reflection and self-care: Regularly reflect on your personal and professional journey. Take time to evaluate your goals, progress, and overall satisfaction. Prioritise self-care activities such as exercise, mindfulness, and hobbies to maintain physical and mental well-being
By following these principles, you can make a living in a way that aligns with your values, brings fulfilment, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
Remember that the best way to make a living is unique to each individual, so be intentional and create a path that resonates with your own aspirations and vision of success.
Ask about the Success Factor one-hour complimentary consultation today.
Want to improve your communication and reduce or remove conflict?
Subscribe to Success Factor Wednesday Wake-Up: www.successfactor.co.nz