Bringing Value and Balance into your Life!
We talk about work / life balance, bringing positivity to our lives instead of looking at what defines us as a person, what makes us tick, what makes us value ourselves as a person.
We all have values and these change during our lifetime. This could be due to a change of job, career or circumstances. Our values define what is important to us in our everyday lives. But do we know and understand what our values are, and can they help us feel more positive about what we do and why we do it? For most of us we have different values for each aspect of our lives, professional and personal, and so need to determine what these are and how they describe us.
Would you agree that values are important as they help define what we think, what we say and what we do?
To help you identify and define what your values are, follow these 6 steps:
- Think about the events that have taken place in your life that have led you or driven your behaviour on a personal or professional level
- Think about what has given you a purpose in your work or personal life that has been meaningful to you
- Write down those values which come to mind that resonate with you particularly around what you feel you stand for and reflects you as an individual
- Start putting these into priority order depending on their significance to you
- Think about why these are important to you and how they can improve your self-belief
- Start integrating these into your everyday lives creating new and positive habits
Bring contentment and a sense of balance into your life, follow your passion; give yourself a purpose so you can live in the present and feel more positive about the future.
As Mahatma Gandhi says:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”