- What have you got planned to start doing in 2023?
- Did you set goals or resolutions for the year and are they written down?
- Do you have any idea what goals or resolutions you want to set, or are you stuck?
- Are you ‘over’ setting goals or making resolutions because it’s never been successful so far?
Whether it’s any of the above or not there are things we can start doing to help ourselves in 2023 or any year for that matter, but at the beginning of the year at least it can start us off on the right foot.
- Starting from a place of feeling grateful for what we have, where we are, job or business we have, family and friends, health etc. If we use this as a starting point of gratitude rather than starting from a place of wanting or needing more or being dissatisfied with what we have, where we are or being unhappy because of what we don’t or can never have
- There is a quote by Robert Collier, “The first principle of success is desire – knowing what you want. Desire is the planting of your seed” which I feel is quite apt as with desire comes ideas and these can help us plan and give us the ability to focus on what we want to achieve for the year. What is it you really desire and shut your eyes and imagine – be creative
- There’s a quote “A goal without a deadline is a dream” and “If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.” – Tony Robbins. With both of these it’s clear that we do need to write things down if we want to make sure we want them to happen. It makes it real to see it written down, keeps in visible and imprints it in our minds. If we are serious about achieving something, then be serious about how to start
- Time comes into this as well, creating time for ourselves and timing of what we plan to do and when we plan to do it. Pacing ourselves so we don’t take on too much and set unrealistic goals is a great way to start as well as scheduling in time out for ourselves to enjoy smelling the roses. We don’t have to keep or be busy all of the time. It’s okay to relax. Perhaps identify those things that give or bring us joy and make sure these are incorporated into our lives as well
- Remember the saying “I’ve started so I’ll finish”? Well, be unstoppable, once you’ve committed to your plan for the year and you’ve gotten off to a great start, be unstoppable, keep positive and motivated. Find ways of making what you’re doing exciting and fun. Your plan should make you feel better about things and positive about the changes you are making are going to make you feel better in yourself
- Being positive and having self-believe too is so important. We often put ourselves down and tell ourselves we can’t do things and over criticise ourselves unnecessarily. We should share our successes, gives ourselves a pat on the back. Whilst we do need to be realistic about what we haven’t done or not done so well; we still need to tell others about how well we are doing. It also helps motivate others too. Telling others reaffirms our commitment to what our intentions are
Ask about the Success Factor one-hour complimentary consultation today.
Want to improve your communication and reduce or remove conflict?
Subscribe to Success Factor Wednesday Wake-Up: www.successfactor.co.nz #successfactor